You are not alone in your Journey
There are more than 3000 Individuals in Bermudians currently living with Dementia. Seniors aged 65+ will account for 25% of the total population by 2026. 1 in 10 of them will be diagnosed with some form of Dementia.
If you are noticing changes to your memory, or have recently been diagnosed with dementia, we can assist you by:
- Offering Client Centered Consultation- our focus is on assisting you to achieve your goals!
- Offering Evidence Based Services – we use the most up to date, research backed models of practice in the field of dementia care
- Helping you to navigate the health system- we advocate for clients to help ensure timely access to available support services when you need them
- Staying with you throughout the care continuum- from pre diagnosis, post diagnosis and beyond
- Assisting clients to remain within their familiar home environments, where they are happiest, for as long as possible
- Teaching compensatory strategies to help accommodate for any decline to cognitive skills over time
- Identifying potential safety concerns- and putting plans in place to reduce these risks
- Empowering clients to maintain control over their health story by raising awareness and understanding of their condition and planning for the future
“It’s all about mindset. Marie has helped me to focus less on what I can’t do and more about what I still can do, and want to do with the rest of my life. I have learned to worry less about the things I cannot control, and make the most of each day”
Client, aged 81 years, living with Alzheimer’s Disease